School Vacation Camps
Launch Summer Camps...
Now During School Breaks!
School Vacation Camp, Spring 2013:
3-2-1 Blast Off! Rocket Science
AGES 6-8 / GRADES 1ST to 3RD
9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
$545 (+ $50 materials fee per camper)
3… 2… 1… Blast Off! In this high-flying camp, kids see what it takes to become rocket scientists. Campers create and fly their own rockets, helicopters, and airplanes, go on Geocache hunts and navigate alien planets. The principles of aerodynamics, propulsion, and rocketry will be explored both while building exciting projects indoors and testing them in Central Park! This camp consists of 6.5-hour sessions, held over 5 days.
Spring Camp Key Facts
Time and Location Facts
- Dates: March 25 – March 29, 2013 (Mon-Fri)
- Camp is a one-week, full-day program for children 6 to 8 years old
- Camp runs from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Campers participate in a field trip, usually to the American Museum of Natural History
- Camp is based at the Launch Center at 173 West 81st Street (81st Street and Amsterdam Avenue)
- Maximum twelve kids (with 3 or 4 instructors)
- Food is not provided: campers must bring a packed lunch
- Lunch is eaten outdoors unless there is inclement weather
- Half of each day is spent in the Launch Center where kids build their projects and learn the science behind them
- Half of each day is spent outdoors, generally in Central Park, where kids participate in math- and science-based activities as well as physical play time
1. When does camp start and end?
2. Where does camp take place?
3. Can my child attend camp for only one/two of the days?
4. Is there a late pickup option?
5. Do you offer busing?
6. What happens in a typical camp day?
7. What are the lunch options for my child?
8. What is your cancellation policy?
9. Do you offer scholarships?
A: Camp starts at 9:00 am each day; children may be dropped off as early as 8:45 am. Camp ends at 3:30 pm. This spring camp runs from Monday, March 25 through Friday, March 29. Back to top.
A: Camp takes place in the regular Launch Center located at 173 West 81st Street between Amsterdam and Columbus. Back to top.
A: This camp can only be purchased as an entire package. If a child does not attend all five days, there will be no refund for the day(s) missed. Back to top.
A: Unfortunately, we do not offer late pick up for Spring Camp. Back to top.
A: Unfortunately, we do not offer transportation services to/from camp at this time. Back to top.
A: The first half of each day is spent learning about and building Rocket Science projects. Afterwards, kids eat lunch in Central Park and then spend the rest of the day outdoors participating in Rocket Science-themed activities and playing sports. Back to top.
A: If a cancellation is requested at least 30 days before your child’s camp start date, you will receive a refund of all camp fees (less a $150 non-refundable processing fee). Please make all cancellation requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds requested within one month of a camp start date. Back to top.
A: We do not provide food for our campers. Children must bring a packed lunch that we will keep cool. If it will be difficult for your child to bring a packed lunch, please contact Launch to discuss other options.